Frequently Asked Questions
WHO CAN PROVIDE THE PROGRAMME?
Once endorsed any REPs registered exercise professional can provide the programme. All clubs wishing to provide the Stress Management Programme must both be a Member of ExerciseNZ as well as a REPs registered Exercise Facility.
IS THERE A CHARGE?
Yes, there is a fee of $150 for individual Personal Trainers. For exercise businesses (gyms, studios etc) there is a $400 flat fee and then $200 for up to 10 deliverers of the programme, all of whom must be REPs registered. (All charges listed exclude GST)
DO I HAVE TO WORK OUT OF A GYM OR STUDIO TO RUN THIS?
Not necessarily – as long as the programme meets the conditions outlined in the endorsement process it can be run out of a large club or via a freelance PT.
WHAT ARE THE KEY CRITERIA THAT MUST BE FILLED?
- The exercise professional administering and facilitating the programme must be REPs registered.
- The programme must be personalised for each employee.
- An assessment of the employee must be carried out.
- Progress of the employee must be monitored and records kept.
- The employer must be kept updated.
WHAT ABOUT GYM MEMBERSHIPS?
It must be stressed from the outset that this FBT-exempted product does not include gym memberships per se. It only applies to a specific exercise-based product fulfilling the criteria outlined above. If you wish to offer an ‘upgrade’ option to include a membership, there are guidelines that must be followed and the membership portion is NOT FBTexempt.
WHAT RESOURCES WILL I GET ONCE MY PROGRAMME IS ENDORSED?
- Electronic leaflet explaining the Stress Management Programme
- An endorsement certificate
- Access to an endorsed logo that can be used on websites and marketing material
- Copy of the IRD letter confirming FBT not payable for those who are using Endorsed individuals/facilities
WHEN CAN I START THE ENDORSEMENT PROCESS?
Endorsement is now available