THIS PAGE HAS BACKGROUND INFORMATION ON THE COVID-19 RESOURCES.
Below are the free resources from ExerciseNZ available to all in the exercise industry.
- Framework for exercise facilities in New Zealand operating in COVID-19 environment – the key document to review
- Considerations guide (an earlier document)
In addition, we recommend you download and review this document from WorkSafe New Zealand.
These resources are provided free to the industry. We are a non-profit body, and receive no regular government funding, so we do not provide 1:1 support or advice beyond this to non paying members. If you would like more support, or help with any issue, you can join here and then contact us.
Members also receive the following extra benefits, which can be found in the members-only section of our web site.
ExerciseNZ Members’ Resources
- Members Handout – How to stay safe when exercising
- Top 10 Tips poster – For posting in your club
- Supporting your business – Tips and advise
- Online guide – How to operate online
- Wage Subsidy Information – if self-employed, or to pass on to your contractors
- Information on our support of the industry
- More resources coming soon!
Membership of ExerciseNZ at Service and Support level or higher is required to access Members Resources. The “Members Only Section” will appear as a link at the top of the page once you are logged in. Become a member – www.exercisenz.org.nz/join – or if you are an existing member click here to log in.
New Zealand Government Sites
- The main NZ Government website on COVID-19
- Government’s $12.1 billion support package
- Specific info on the wage subsidy (including application forms for employers and self-employed)
- Ministry of Health main COVID-19 resources and information
- Ministry of Health self-isolation advice (important if you or members/clients are in contact with anyone self-isolating)
- Ministry of Health related to age care providers
- Mental Health Foundation – Getting through together (Isolation doesn’t mean you are alone).
Business coaches and exercise experts
- The Retention Guru (Paul Bedford, Phd) – Keeping Your Customers
- Dr Bill Sukala Phd – COVID-19 Quiz
- Ish Cheyne / Les Mills New Zealand – Business ideas for Personal Trainers/studio owners
- Jen Dugard – Masterclass – How to Evolve and Survive during COVID-19 (video)
Online Learning Resources
- Coursera.org – Free online educational opportunities (learn while you are in isolation!)
- Coursera.org – Run on line learning (for Education Providers to get on their platform)
Supporting Exercise Businesses in NZ to rebuild – Video Series
Also, please visit our video resources page for more content, such as the weekly Zoom Q&A sessions.
Note: Any resources / downloads/ documents mentioned are available to paid members of ExerciseNZ, the videos are free for all to view.